Please don't hesitate to ask questions if something is not clear via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect, store and use the following information:
- Contact details: when you (as a customer) place an order on our website we ask for your name, email address and address to contact you regarding your order and to ship it out to the correct location. Artists who engage in a partnership with Art 4 Conservation to donate artworks on the website, may share personal data like name and email address to bring customers in contact with them or to promote their artwork on social media, but this is certainly not mandatory and should artists not want specific personal data shared, Art 4 Conservation will not do so.
- Payment details: we ask for payment details like bank and/or credit card data to allow customers to do online transactions/purchases on the website. These details are guaranteed to remain secure, can only be entered by our customer and will be impossible to use without permission. Our web developing service (Wix) is providing payment services (PayPal, Wix credit card Payment), and is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliant as a level 1 service provider and merchant. This standard helps to create a secure environment by increasing cardholder data, thus reducing credit card fraud. Wix regularly performs internal security audits to maintain their ISO/PCI security certifications.
- Newsletter: if you subscribe to our newsletter (which works under an opt-in system), you will be asked to provide your name and email address. This is information provided directly by you. Your subscriber details are kept private, even when sending an email marketing campaign. Subscribers are only able to see their own email addresses.
The purposes of collecting, using and/or storing your personal data:
- If you use the contact form on our website, we will use your personal data to respond to your request, by email. Your email address will also be included in our database for the purpose of sending our newsletter and providing information on events.
- We process your personal data for the purpose of supporting the website and improving your user experience. This purpose extends to monitoring the safety, availability, performance and health of our website.
- We process your personal data in order to enforce or comply with the rights granted under applicable law (such as defending against legal claims) if necessary. We may also use your personal data to fulfil our obligations under applicable (inter)(national) law.
- We process your personal data to adequately run Art 4 Conservation's main services such as general customer management, online donations/purchases, accounting and direct marketing (to inform you about our services or news items).
Retention and removal of your personal data:
Your personal data will not be kept any longer than necessary to serve a specific purpose. The time period data is retained depends on what services Art 4 Conservation provides (donations/purchases/invoicing, possible future workshops or future memberships).
Art 4 Conservation is entitled to keep your personal data if this is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to bring a legal claim or to defend ourselves against such a claim or for reasons of proof.
Your rights as a natural person:
- Right of access & insight to data: you have the right to access your personal data free of charge at any time, as well as information on how we use your personal data.
- Right of correction, deletion and limitation: you are free to choose whether or not to provide Art 4 Conservation with your personal data. In addition, you always have the right to request us to correct, supplement or remove your personal data. You acknowledge that in case you refuse the mentioning or a request to remove personal data, certain services and products will not be available. You may also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right of objection: you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case, you do not have to give reasons.
- Right of withdrawal of consent: Insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent.
Third party access:
On very rare occasions it is possible we are required to disclose your personal information pursuant to a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. Art 4 Conservation will use reasonable endeavours to inform you of this in advance, unless it is subject to legal restrictions.
Third party websites:
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of those third parties.